Picture of a painted postcard that shows the buildings and grounds of the Milwaukee Sanitarium around 1914. As a point of reference, the driveway shown in the lower, right hand part of the drawing leads to where the current (2017) access road meets Harwood Avenue, by the Wauwatosa parking lot, next to the railroad tracks. This would be the path that newly arriving patients would ascend as they came to the hospital, at this time. This was where the entrance gate to the hospital was located.
Jon Van Beckum, Archivist
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital Archives
Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.