The Billings House was probably constructed in the 1940’s. It contained 2 nursing units: one 8 bed unit and one 12 bed unit. It was used for such a purpose in the 1960’s too. In the 1990’s it was called the Bridgeway Dewey IRTP building. It was an Inpatient Residential Treatment Program that provided individual and family care, self help and support programs, and activity therapy. In the 21st century, the building was called the Dewey Center and contained the adult chemical dependency services. The building was demolished in 2017 in order to make way for a newer and bigger Dewey Center that opened in 2018.
Jon Van Beckum, Archivist
1940's to 2017
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital Archives
Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.