Download Full Text (3.6 MB)
Sinai Samaritan Medical Center
Booklet commemorating 130 years at Sinai Samaritan Medical Center in 1993. Entitled "130 Years: Sinai Samaritan Celebrates a Tradition of Diversity and Excellence, 1863-1993," the booklet includes the history of the institution from its beginning as Milwaukee Hospital in 1863, through its changes as Mount Sinai Hospital, Evangelical Deaconess Hospital, Good Samaritan Medical Center, and finally as Sinai Samaritan Medical Center at the time of publication in 1993. It also looks ahead to the future of the hospital.
Noted discrepancy: In 1984 the voluntary affiliation of Good Samaritan Medical Center and St. Luke’s Hospital — the largest private hospital in Wisconsin — was announced. St. Luke’s Samaritan Health Care Inc. was formed to serve as the parent corporation. Sarah Dean, the president of Mount Sinai Medical Center, met with G. Edwin Howe, president of St. Luke’s Samaritan Health Care, Inc., and suggested a merger of Mount Sinai and Good Samaritan in June of 1987 and that is when the name Aurora Health Care was brought into play. (see page 17)
Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.