This is a postcard of the Psychopathic Hospital Building at the Milwaukee Sanitarium. This building was constructed by Dr. Richard Dewey at the turn of the 20th century. It was a fire-proof, three story structure. This building may have been attached to the East House, which was a newer name (at that time) for Dr. James McBride's original farm house that he built and used as the original medical building on the Milwaukee Sanitarium hospital grounds in the 1890's. The Psychopathic Hospital Building may have been known as the "Kradwell Building" during the middle of the 20th century. This structure may have been in use at the hospital until 1982, when it may have been torn down in order to make way for the current (2019) Aurora Psychiatric Hospital.
Jon Van Beckum- Archivist
early to middle 20th century
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital- Archives
Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.
Psychopathic Hospital Building, Milwaukee Sanitarium