Aerial view of the Hospital/ Kradwell Building, Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital campus, 1970's(?). The Hospital building may have been constructed during the 1930's, but possibly in the 1950’s or 1960’s. This building was attached to the northwest corner of the old East Building and formed what was called the Kradwell Building in 1965. There appears to be three buildings in this structure. One of these buildings, or all of them, may have been called Dewey Hall at one point too. The Hospital/ Kradwell Building had one nursing unit of 10 beds, two nursing units of 12 beds, and a maximum-security unit of 6 beds. This structure was torn down in the 1980’s to make room for the current Aurora Psychiatric Hospital.
Jon Van Beckum- Archivist
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital Archives
Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.
Aerial view, Hospital, Kradwell Building, Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital, 1970's(?)