Creator

Preview

image preview

Description

Entrance Area, Sleyster Hall, Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital (1970-1980's)

Colonial Hall was built in the 1930's. It housed a central dining facility, lounges, a patient’s library and a double deck sun porch for both summer and winter relaxation. By 1959, it was renamed Sleyster Hall in honor of Dr. Rock Sleyster. In 1965, the building was utilized in a slightly different manner. It was still used for patient lounge and dining area, but employees used the building for their cafeteria and lounge too. It also had a 27-bed nursing station and was used for storage too. At the same time, an annex was added to the building. The annex had 12 private, patient rooms and housed the main kitchen. In the 1990’s it was renamed the Lorton Professional Building. Currently, the building is known as the Lorton Professional Building (Building 3). The building houses Psychiatrist/ Psychologist offices, the Aurora Behavioral Health Center and Medical Staff Services.

Contributor

Jon Van Beckum- Archivist

Date

1970-1980's

Type

Photograph

File Format

jpeg

Source

Aurora Psychiatric Hospital- Archives

Rights

Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.

Keywords

Entrance Area, Sleyster Hall, Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital

Share

COinS