Fall picture of the Dewey Center, Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital (1980's)
The Billings House was probably constructed in the 1940’s. It contained 2 nursing units: one 8 bed unit and one 12 bed unit. It was used for such a purpose through the 1960’s. In the 1990’s, it was called the Bridgeway Dewey IRTP building. It was an Inpatient Residential Treatment Program that provided individual and family care, self help and support programs, and activity therapy. In the 21st center, the building was called the Dewey Center and contained the adult chemical dependency services. The building was demolished in 2018 to make way for a newer and bigger Dewey Center that opened in 2018. The new Dewey building is located about 50-100 yards east of the original Dewey Center.
Jon Van Beckum- Archivist
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital- Archives
Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.
Dewey Center, Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital