The Avery Cottage is an example of the type of private cottages that were constructed on campus after 1919. This one patient unit appears to have been used by custodial care patients until the 1950’s or 1960’s. At that point, the house was used for vocational counseling. In the 1990’s, Marketing and Public Relations for the hospital used this building. Quality Management and Philanthropy use this structure for a while after that. In 2017, it is referred to as the Three Oaks House (Building 5) and is used for staff offices.
Jon Van Beckum, Archivist
1919 to present
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital Archives
Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.
Avery Cottage, Milwaukee Sanitarium, one patient cottage