The Employee Dormitory Building was constructed after 1919. It was located near the old Harwood Avenue entrance to the hospital. In 1965, this building was called the Research Building and Outpatient Center. A psychiatric research lab was established in this building in 1964 due to a grant from the Allen-Bradley foundation in 1964. At the time, the lab at the Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital was considered one of the finest in the country. In the early 21st century, it housed the hospital’s teleservices Today the building is called the Benjamin C. Bugbee Professional Building (Building 7). Child and Adolescent Day Treatment, Adolescent Partial Hospital Programs and Quality Management are located there today (2017).
Jon Van Beckum, Archivist
1919 to present
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital Archives
Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.
Employee Dormitory Building, Milwaukee Sanitarium