This building was constructed after 1919, quite possibly as late as the 1950’s or 1960’s and was referred to as The Hospital. This building was attached to the northwest corner of the old East Building and formed what was called the Kradwell Building in 1965. There appears to be three buildings in this structure. One of these buildings, or all of them, may have been called Dewey Hall at one point too. The Hospital/ Kradwell Building had one nursing unit of 10 beds, two nursing units of 12 beds, and a maximum-security unit of 6 beds. This structure was torn down in the 1982 in order to make room for the new hospital.
Jon Van Beckum, Archivist
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital Archives
Please credit Aurora Health Care as the source of this material.
The Hospital Building, Milwaukee Sanitarium